The European Quality Standard for translation services, EN 17100, describes the processes that are important to provide quality services. Our work complies with this standard and we fulfil the criteria laid out therein, from our translators’ qualifications, to checking and revisions performed by experts, right down to tracking and traceability of each of our projects.
How do we ensure the quality of our language services?
- Keeping you in the loop thanks to good, short communication channels
- Clearly defined internal project management procedures
- Qualified and experienced translators, proofreaders and editors across the board
- Consistent quality control measures in place and implemented throughout
The Software programs we use
- Project management software
- Computer-assisted translation tools or CAT tools (SDL Trados, Across Language Server)
- Quality assurance and quality check programs
We use the latest CAT tools or Translation Memory Systems, which significantly help to keep costs down as they are the tools that create client terminology databases.
A Translation Memory System saves each sentence as it is translated by a qualified translator, allowing the possibility to re-use it at any time in the future. For example, the translation of a technical manual explaining how to use a machine, translated by one of our translators, is saved to a translation memory which bears the client name, i.e. it is dedicated to this specific client. At a later date, when the client needs another translation of a similar or updated machine, the new document can be translated or the old one updated much faster, as the translation memory will match up the same sentences or look for similar sentences. Terminology will stay consistent and the process becomes faster. This means lower costs for updates and repetitions.
The CAT Tools we use are SDL Trados and Across Language Server.